- PARTY TO WHOM THIS LIMITED WARRANTY IS EXTENDED
This Limited Warranty is extended to the original buyer (“you”) of the used motor vehicle purchased from SKIP’S LLC (the “Vehicle”). It cannot be transferred to another person. The “Administrator” of this Limited Warranty is SKIP’S LLC (“Skip’s,” “we,” “us,” or “our”) or any company we appoint to provide administrative services.
- DURATION OF COVERAGE
This Limited Warranty begins on the Vehicle sale date and lasts 90 days or 4,000 miles beyond the date and mileage stated on the Bill of Sale, whichever comes first. ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES ARISING IN CONNECTION WITH THIS TRANSACTION, INCLUDING ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, ARE LIMITED IN DURATION TO THE DURATION OF THIS LIMITED WARRANTY OR THE MINIMUM PERIOD PERMITTED BY FEDERAL AND/OR STATE LAW, WHICHEVER IS LESS.
- WHAT THIS LIMITED WARRANTY COVERS
This Limited Warranty covers all factory installed mechanical or electrical components listed below except in cases outlined in Section 5 and only if their defect or malfunction is caused by a “Mechanical Breakdown”. A Mechanical Breakdown is defined as the failure of a covered component or assembly to perform as designed under the normal operating conditions, due solely to defects in materials or faulty workmanship. A covered component has failed when it can no longer perform the function for which it was designed solely because of its condition and not because of the action or inaction of any non-covered component. A Mechanical Breakdown DOES NOT include the gradual reduction in operating performance due to wear and tear. Covered components may be repaired, replaced, or adjusted at the option of the Administrator. Replacement of any part may be made with new parts or parts of any like kind or quality, at the Administrators option. Alternatively, the Administrator may, at its option, reimburse the Buyer the cost to remedy any covered component. The cost may not exceed the manufacturer’s suggested retail price for parts and labor allowances published by Mitchell Repair Information Co.
- Engine: All lubricated parts, water pump, fuel pump, manifolds, engine block, cylinder head, rotary engine housings and flywheel.
- The transmission case, internal parts, and the torque converter.
- Drive axle. Front and rear drive axle housings and internal parts, axle shafts, propeller shafts and universal joints.
- Master cylinder, vacuum assist booster, wheel cylinders, hydraulic lines and fittings and disc brake calipers.
- The steering gear housing and all internal parts, power steering pump, valve body, rack and pinion.
- Alternator, generator, starter, ignition system excluding the battery.
- HOW TO OBTAIN WARRANTY SERVICE
- Prevent further damage and take your vehicle to a franchised dealership or repair facility. If your Vehicle incurs a Mechanical Breakdown, the Buyer must take immediate action to prevent further damage. You are responsible for observing the Vehicle’s warning lights and gauges, and taking appropriate action immediately. Failure to do so may result in the denial or the limitation of coverage. You must take your Vehicle to a franchised dealership or properly licensed repair facility in order to open a claim.
- Provide the repair facility manager with the Limited Warranty details so he/she may obtain Authorization from the Administrator. Prior to any repair being made, instruct the service manager at the licensed repair facility to obtain authorization for the claim by contacting the Administrator at (347) 754 7794 with an estimate for repairs.
- Authorize tear-down if necessary. Authorize the repair facility to diagnose your Vehicle and if necessary authorize tear-down so the repair facility can provide an accurate diagnosis and estimate.
- Review coverage. Once the Administrator has been contacted and if necessary, has inspected the vehicle, review the authorized repair work with the facility manager.
- Payment of claims. Submit a legible copy or the original repair order to the Administrator. Repair orders must contain: repair facility name, address, and phone number, repair diagnosis, parts and labor hours, authorization number, Vehicle identification number, Vehicle mileage, Vehicle year, make, and model. Submit the repair order to the Administrator within 90 days.
This Limited Warranty does not provide coverage for:
- the maintenance services and parts in the manufacturer’s maintenance schedule for the Vehicle;
- all maintenance and tuneup related items including but not limited to light bulbs, filters, lubricants, tires, wheels, spark plugs, spark plug wires, glow plugs, distributor cap and rotor, ignition coils;
- all body components and related repairs including but not limited to body sheet metal and panels, paint, weather stripping, trim, moldings, bright metal chrome, glass, convertible tops, air or water leaks or damage they cause, rust or corrosion, sun damage;
- standard transmission clutch assemblies, friction clutch disc, pressure plate;
- failure of a covered component caused by a lack of customary maintenance;
- service covered by the factory warranty or manufacturer’s warranty, recalls or Technical Service Bulletins, factory recommended service, service covered by insurance, service covered by a repair facility’s guarantee or warranty or any other guarantee or warranty regardless of whether they honor such guarantee or warranty;
- any failure that is a direct result of a mechanical or structural defect that the manufacturer has issued a public recall to address;
- damage or failure of a covered component caused by a component that is not a covered component;
- any repair where the component has not broken or failed or is not worn beyond manufacturer’s service limits;
- squeaks, rattles, or wind noise from components that are not physically damaged;
- driver assistance systems, satellite receivers of any type, GPS systems, sound systems, radio and stereo units, MP3 players, speakers, wireless transmitters, audio visual units or displays, software for any onboard electronics, any electronic interfaces;
- repairs performed without the Administrator’s prior authorization;
- failure of a covered component caused by or involving collision, fire, theft, vandalism, damage from the environment, alterations to the Vehicle, modifications to the Vehicle, equipment , components, or systems not installed by the manufacturer, misuse of the Vehicle, tampering with the Vehicle, making improper adjustments, improper repairs, improper and/or contaminated fuels, improperly maintaining the vehicle, failing to maintain the Vehicle within manufacturer’s recommendations, oversize/undersize tires;
- loss of the use of the Vehicle, loss of time, inconvenience, commercial loss, or consequential loss or damage;
- property damage;
- failure of a covered component caused by overheating;
- any repair if the odometer has stopped, been altered, or misrepresents the Vehicle’s actual mileage;
- seals and/or gaskets, unless required in conjunction with the repair of a covered component;
- repair of valves, and/or rings to correct low compression and/or oil consumption which are considered normal wear;
- spark plugs, motor tuneup;
- additional loss or damage which is occasioned by the Buyer’s or operator’s failure to use all reasonable precautions to protect the vehicle from any further loss or damage after a Mechanical Breakdown or failure has occurred or been indicated;
- damage caused to the Vehicle’s engine, transmission, transfer case or axle assembly resulting from water ingestion;
- if the Vehicle has been declared a total loss or salvage vehicle;
- expenses or fees charged for disposal of environmentally unsafe materials, for non-specific materials, or for shop supplies;
- a Mechanical Breakdown or other failure caused by using the vehicle for racing or other competition;
- a Mechanical Breakdown or other failure caused by using the vehicle for towing a trailer or another vehicle unless the Vehicle is equipped for this as recommended by the manufacturer;
- a vehicle used for commercial purposes including paid ride sharing services;
- a vehicle rented to someone else;
- a vehicle modified to plow snow, whether or not the snow plow is attached to the vehicle;
- repairs made solely to meet or maintain government emissions standards;
- exhaust systems including catalytic converters, except if an integral part (non replaceable) of the exhaust manifold.
- OTHER TERMS
Limit of Liability
The total of all benefits paid under this Limited Warranty shall be the lessor of the purchase price of the Vehicle or the NADA Rough Trade-In value of the Vehicle at the time of repair.
Labor charges are to be calculated based on the labor rate of the repair facility, up to $150 per hour, and Mitchell Repair Information Co. labor times. Labor times are based on the flat rate times published by Mitchell Repair Information Co. for the applicable repair or replacement.
Diagnostic charges are not to exceed two hours or $200, whichever is less.
Fluid charges related to the repair of any covered component are not to exceed $200, including R134a refrigerant.
If any provision of this Limited Warranty is held to be invalid or unenforceable, such provision shall be struck and the remaining provisions shall be enforced to fullest extent under law. Our failure to enforce any right or provision in this Limited Warranty will not constitute a waiver of such right or provision unless acknowledged and agreed to by Skip’s in writing.
This Limited Warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights which vary from state to state. This Limited Warranty is the only warranty made by Skip’s on the vehicle.
BUYER HAS READ THIS LIMITED WARRANTY, FULLY UNDERSTANDS IT AND ACCEPTS ALL OF ITS TERMS. BUYER HAS RECEIVED AN EXACT COMPLETED COPY OF THIS LIMITED WARRANTY.